Charleville detectives investigating an assault complaint are appealing for witnesses to contact them, Queensland Police say.
Police received a complaint from a 15-year-old local girl who advised she had been forcibly removed from a ride sharing vehicle at the Charleville rodeo late on Saturday night, November 25 (or very early hours on Sunday, November 26).
Police were told that two girls, aged 15 and 11, were inside the vehicle around midnight when a verbal dispute occurred with the male driver, a local man aged in his 50s.
The dispute escalated with the teenager advising police she was grabbed by the man, forcibly pulled out of the vehicle before being kicked once when lying on the ground outside of the vehicle.
Police have been told that an unknown man (a member of the public) as well as family members of the girl intervened.
The driver then returned to the vehicle, with the 11-year-old girl jumping out as it drove off.
The alleged assault occurred around midnight at the entrance gates to the rodeo at the Charleville Showgrounds, with the vehicle described as a white Toyota Hiace minibus.
Charleville detectives are particularly interested in speaking to the man who intervened in the incident. He was seen leaving the rodeo with two children, around midnight.
Police are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or has any information that could assist with their investigations to contact Charleville detectives, Policelink or Crime Stoppers.